Friday, July 27, 2012

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika (AKA Puella Magi Madoka Magica) Review

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you are not alone."
I forget who said this (most likely Mami) ...but it's an awesome quote, no?  (^o^) It doesn't necessarily fit with the entire mood of this anime, since it has a dark side hiding inside its cute, harmless magical girl exterior. However, that really brought out the characters' true personalities, making it quite interesting.
All right, I know that not everyone has watched this, so for those of you who haven't, I'll provide a little teaser.
Two girls, Sayaka Miki and Kaname Madoka, are approached by an adorable magical creature named Kyubey, who offers to grant their wish if they will become magical girls in order to fight witches. An ominous transfer student warns them not to accept his offer, even though Kyubey promises that Madoka will be the strongest magical girl ever. Madoka watches her friends suffer as she wonders if killing witches is worth throwing away your life, despite the wish you are granted.
Hope I made it sound as awesome as it is! Everything about this anime is fantastic! The music, the art, and especially the story line. The underlying darkness of this seemingly cute anime really brings out each character, pushing them to their limits and proving who they really are.
I can come up with only one downside to this anime: it's too short! I give the makers credit for being able to fit everything into 12 episodes, but I would be soooooooo happy if it would have been longer- more anime to enjoy! But maybe if it had been extended, things would be different...I'll never know....
If you are sensitive and cry easily, then I suggest watching this anime with a box of tissues nearby, as it's really sad. (I didn't cry, I'm not a sensitive person, but some of you may be.) Another random comment is that I took a "Which character are you?" quiz from this anime and got...Kyoko Sakura! Which character are you most like?
I wish you many happy hours of anime! -Ren

No comments:

Post a Comment